This year, the trio is enjoying the warmer weather of South Carolina. They're still spending quality crate time while Mom is at work or out and about, but they sure love to be free. Of late, the ringleader and King has decided that he has to be touching Mom all the time, so he spends his time sitting in the floor, staring up at me, whining. When the computer or whatever book I'm reading vanishes, King Stetson leaps into my lap. Reminder : this boy is 36 pounds of black and white spotted mischief. He then circles 3 times, goes down, and lets out a sigh that says "Thank goodness....I wasn't sure how much longer I could take it." He is, as we say, a hot mess.
Yesterday I put up our Christmas tree (any of you call it a holiday tree, and Ima smack you) and the trio watched in great interest. They were ecstatic that my car was out of the garage and I'd left the house door open. I'm betting that they went in and out at least 50 times each.....each time in wonder, like they'd never been in the garage before (they're out there twice a day, since that's where their food stays). Each box that was brought in had to be thoroughly sniffed. I don't know what kind of training the airport dogs get, but I'd lay money that my nosy Cockers could give them a run for their hard earned treats! Elliott grew bored with the investigation and wandered back out to the garage to see what might have been there since he was there last. Sadie checked out the tree.....and then proceeded to Hoover up all the scattered needles....I can't wait to see what the yard looks like in a day or two. Stetson had his usual case of "don't get out of my sight, Mom, I might not make it". He trekked every step with me.
Once it was all up, and a few ornaments on it, I plugged in the lights.....Sadie hid behind the couch, Elliott paid no attention, and the King.....Well, he made himself right at home under it. My nice Satin tree skirt made for comfy place to lie a tired Cocker mug......Naturally, he didn't stay there while I tried to get the camera.....you know, since I have this habit of abandoning him so much! For right now, it seems to be old news....they've not offered to mess with it or take anything off of it....I guess nothing on it smells like Lamb n rice or Duck n yams.....hopefully it will stay that way. Sadie and Elliott, no one worries about...they couldn't care less about things. But...the King is a different story....he's a klepto.....no telling what he'll decide looks tasty!
I find it most amusing that I spend $$ on dog beds, nice cushy plush dog beds, and these 3 will have nothing to do with it. Let one of the sofa blankets or a towel fall in the floor (or the Christmas tree skirt go down) and they're on it like white on rice....they love it. They claim it. I'm just curious what the difference is? It can't be scent....the tree skirt is new. Just wonder what goes through a Cocker mind when they spy something that they wanna try out!
On another note, Stetson has learned to play fetch....now, he's not perfected it, but he does get the general idea. He practically grins when he's the first to the ball (and don't think he doesn't muscle in on his siblings to get it) and smiles all the way back. He dances for a minute, he preens a bit, and then he comes to me. Of course, I have to pry the ball out of that mouth, and he's ready again. Elliott is, naturally, the A 1 fetcher. He flies after the ball, often catching it in the air, grabs it and brings it back. He must place it in my hand, or he won't let go. He waits, patiently, for his siblings (and you can see the words "Move outta my way, moron!" on his little face) to move so he can drop the ball and be ready to go again! Sadie hasn't really caught on. She flies after the ball, and she can get it on occasion, but bring it back? HA! No way. I have to chase her down and grab it....all the while she looks on confused at why someone would take her treasure....maybe one day she'll get it. They all enjoy a good romp in their yard....and the ball makes it even better. Just say the word "ball" and watch the show.
Currently 2 are napping....and the King.....well, he's busily trying to get in my lap though the computer is there. For now, he'll drape that long body out over my legs and wait on the lap to be free.....and then he'll move it. Elliott is to my right on the loveseat, growling at Stetson with a warning to Buzz Off! Sadie is stretched out on the couch, in true Sadie Style...long ways....asleep. Not much bothers her.....unless she misses something edible that her brothers got and she missed.
Guess it's Cocker cuddle time.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment